We are located on the northern edge of the Black Forest in Douglas County about 5 miles south of Parker, Colorado and mainly serving the Pinery subdivision. Although, we face several challenges to our gardens - a short growing season, high altitude, deer and rabbits - you can still have a lovely garden! We have gardeners of all skill levels from beginner to expert. We love to have visitors - so if you have an interest in gardening please come and visit us. You can come to one meeting for free.
Where we meet
Our meetings are held the second Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM. If we are having a guest speaker, we meet at the Pinery fire station or at a member's house. We have guest speakers on many interesting topics, hands-on projects and wonderful field trips.
How much does it cost?
Our membership is very reasonably priced - $30 for a single and $45 for a family for a year.
Our Mission Statement
- Increase interest in all phases of home gardening
- To promote horticultural knowledge through speakers, educational programs and workshops
- Conservation of natural resources
- Promote intelligent choices in drought tolerant plants
- Provide networking opportunities
- To increase interest in the beautification of our community
- To share our knowledge and neighborhood-specific expertise on how to create a beautiful landscape in our unique part of Colorado.
- To provide access to local resources and information that can help you become a better gardener.
You can find us at https://www.facebook.com/BlackForestGardeners.